Monday, November 21, 2011

Thank Tank, Day 21

I am thankful for food. All of it. Juicy, seasoned meats and crunchy veggies. Tasty sweets and salty snacks. Fruits and carbs and dairy. I love it all!!!! I am so thankful for the bountious variety that is available to me. Again, I am seriously spoiled!

Here is a current favorite at my house. Enjoy!


Easy Homemade Granola Bars

I got this recipe from Parade Magazine a few months ago. They are super easy and the kids and I love them! I have made them many times. I have used pecans, white chocolate chips, flax seeds, shredded coconut and mixed dried fruit. I like them all! I have made some with all of these ingredients or a few batches with various combinations. I really like the white and semi sweet chips in the same bar. I recently ordered some pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I look forward to trying this recipe with those add-ins.

I have been mixing this by hand like they show in the video. Since I have a big family I usually double it and that makes for a lot of arm power. This morning I used my fancy Kitchen Aid mixer. It worked great! Fast and easy.

I hope you enjoy this snack as much as we do!

http://threemanycooks.com/recipes/nibbles-and-apps/back-to-school-granola-bars/

No comments: