Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Superpowers 101: Adventurousness


My husband says I'm adventurous because I am not afraid to try new things. Or even old things that I was not great at before.

Like making loaves of bread. I can make great rolls but I have never managed an acceptable loaf. Until today!  Here is the recipe.



Fresh, homemade Honey-Wheat bread! I can't believe how big it got!



 Last summer we had a bounteous crop of strawberries so I tried making jam for the first time. I tried a few different variations (all from recipes) and found one that I really liked. Today, I tried making mixed berry jam with strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. I was nervous, I admit it. But my adventurousness paid off again! YUM!!!


Fresh, home-made mixed berry jam. It turned out AMAZING!!!
 Here is the recipe I used for the jam. I just crushed all the fruit and measured out 4 cups. I also cooked it for just a few minuted then strained it to remove the seeds and skins. It took a little more time but it is SO good!!!

1 comment:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Oh, looks so tasty! I love homemade jam and bread. way to go for being adventurous!