Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm Thankful For...#4

I am thankful for good food.

Today I cooked a roast in the crock pot, homemade mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade wheat rolls, and carrots.

*sigh*

It was very satisfying.

The kids and I also tried our hand at homemade butterfingers. They weren't bad either.

As I write this, I can't help but think of those who are not enjoying such delicacies.

There are many in America who are no doubt eating cold food because they are without electricity due to Hurricane Sandy.

There are others in this great nation who simply can't afford to buy enough food to be satisfied.

There are others who couldn't cook such a meal. :)

All joking aside, I know I often take this blessing for granted. Unlike many thousands of mothers in the world, I am able to provide healthy, hearty meals for my children. It might seem like a small thing, or even a little cliche, but it is the truth.

I am very blessed to have good food. And I am grateful for it.

No comments: