Saturday, December 29, 2012

Spiritual Math


How many lines can pass through a single point?
 
 
 









How many lines can pass through two points?
 
I like to make things out of paper. Sometimes I am careful and accurate. Sometimes I am in a hurry. If I am careful, I measure the paper at multiple spots to make sure I have a straight line. If I don't, even with a ruler, I might make my line at an angle instead of completely straight. Even one extra measurement helps me stay in line.
 
 
The Bible is a beautiful, holy book, inspired by God, filled with truth and wisdom. It is a single point. With only one point, we can not accurately find the correct path back to our Heavenly Father. We might be close, we can "eye-ball"it, but we run a great risk of being off track eventually.
 
The Book of Mormon is "Another Testament of Jesus Christ". It is a second point. It is not meant to replace the Bible, it is meant to be a companion to it. When these two holy books are used together, we can find the path that leads us to our heavenly home.

No comments: