Monday, September 1, 2014

Flood The Earth Challenge: Like, Share, Comment

Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, recently spoke at Brigham Young University about the power of social media. ( It is a REALLY awesome talk! You should listen to the whole thing to get the full impact of his words!) He encouraged all of us to use social media to share gospel truths.

What has been accomplished thus far in this dispensation communicating gospel messages through social media channels is a good beginning, but only a small trickle. I now extend to you the invitation to help transform the trickle into a flood. Beginning at this place on this day, I exhort you to sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth -- messages that are authentic, edifying and praiseworthy -- and literally to sweep the earth as with a flood.
   
           Let that sink in for a minute. We have been sharing trickles of truth with the world. Now we need to              flood it.  But how?

I have simple, personal goal. My goal is to post one uplifting, gospel related message on social media every day. I encourage you to do the same.  But I know that is not enough. I realize that a message needs to be "popular" to remain at the top of a news feed and reach more people. How can I make my uplifting posts visible?


When I share something funny I get over 50 "likes" and about half a dozen comments. Without fail. That one status post will remain at the top of the feed for days. Why?

Because everyone who sees it "likes" it!

That is where all of you come in. My "Flood the Earth " Challenge is simple. Every time you see an uplifting, gospel related post, whether it is a video, photo, article, or quote do one or all of the following: "like" it, "share" it, comment on it. That's it! If we support one another's efforts to spread positive messages we will truly be able to flood the earth with the gospel!



No comments: