1. I am linking up with Women In The Scriptures in her "Five Things For Friday" Post. Just because. So here are 4 more random thoughts from me.
2. My husband is leaving soon for Afghanistan. This is his first deployment in 6 years. My kids barely remember the last time. We are all stressed out. I find myself mentally counting down the days until he leaves, thinking "We have to this before he leaves." or "That can wait until he leaves." It's making me crazy! I am trying to distract myself but it isn't working very well.
3. 5 kids in school now. Wow. I feel like time is going by and I am not even noticing. I tend to be a procrastinator and this is just one more reminder that I can't put things off forever. My dad used to say "Indecision becomes decision with time." I tend to take that route. I wait until the choice is made for me. "I can't go now, I didn't make arrangements." I have to do that today or I won't be able to at all." It isn't the best way to get through life.
4. We ate a tiny little watermelon from our garden yesterday. It had spilt and was going to rot if we left it. It was about the size of a softball. It was really sweet but warm from being in the sun. We are still getting tomatoes, though not as many as before. I took James and Claire to pick the last few Raspberries. James ate them all as fast as I could pick them. Then he picked about six cherry tomatoes and ate those too! It was so cute with tomatoes seeds running down his chin! He's becoming a picky eater so I am glad he eats something fresh once in a while!
5. WARNING! CHOIR RANT! I need to blow off a little steam and I apologize if you get burned! I have been choir director for about 4 months. I have been having practices every Wednesday night. I have added Sunday before church (we have Sacrament meeting at 12:00). I have consistently had 4 or 5 people attend choir practice. Not all of them every time. I often have just one person. It is very hard to have a choir one person! This week I had 4 Sopranos. They did a great job. But they need the least practice. People keep complaining that they want to sing their parts but they don't show up for practice and they don't practice at home so the choir often sounds like I picked a bunch of people form the congregation and handed them a hymnal. No blending, no dynamics, ...I'll stop. Those who make an effort do a wonderful job. It would be nice if more people were as dedicated.